Friday, May 9, 2008

the 1st of many (or a few)

Good Day,

After watching the latest Costas now, I realized two things. First and foremost Bob Costas is still the smartest sports jounalists in America. The other came from the topic of internet and sports.
Two of the guests on the segment were Will Leitch, the founder of Deadspin.com and Buzz Bissinger, who wrote Friday Night Lights. I have heard of both, and really that is about it. I have not read the book or seen the movie based off of it. I rarely go to deadspin.com because I see no news value or anything of substance I can gain from reading it.

After listening to these two "discuss" why they feel a certain way. All I could feel was wow Buzz is really being a jerk, and what I thought would be very unprofessional. On the other Mr. Leitch was trying to be the calmer of the two, but frankly not convincing me he was right in doing what he does. I felt Buzz myself agreeing with Buzz. So what do feel the need to do. Yep go write a blog about.

I am by no means someone who knows how to write, nor am I a threat to either the newpaper industry, or deadspin.com. So how am I part of "the dumbing down of the nation" as Buzz stated in the interview? I think Buzz has a problem finding the difference between a blog like this and one is just full of opinions based on shaky facts or worse yet rumors. I am just writing a simple editorial on a 15 minute segment off a TV program. I think he should re-examine is position somewhat.

Chad

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Precisely why I had my epiphany: wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon…