Saturday, May 24, 2008

Champions League.

I have been meaning to get to the finals of the UEFA Champions league but I have been with my real job. The game took place last Wednesday between Man. Unitied and Chelsea. Both teams are from England and this was the 1st time two English teams had made the finals.

Christiano Ronaldo scored the first goal of the game for Man United. Chelsea tied it up right before half on a goal by Frank Lampard. The game went scoreless until the penalty shootout. Man United wins in the 7th round of kicks.

What I want to get to is John Terry. If you did not see watch the game, Terry is the captain of Chelsea and actually one of the players on their team I cheer for. I do not care for either team, but its comparable to me a Mets fan hating the Yankees and cheering for Jeter. The score was 4-4 in the PKs and Terry has the last shot. It was raining most of the game and this time was no different. Terry runs up on the ball and slips as he kicks it. The ball goes way wide and Terry reminds me of Charlie Brown as he lays on the ground with his head in his hands. I am sure he was saying "good grief" in his head, or something a little more harsh.

I feel bad for him. With the shoes they wear, I would think slipping is the last thing you would be worried about. now everytime he sees someone slip, he is going to be reminded of the one time where he could have been written down in the history books, instead its the wrong side of history.

No comments: