Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ESPN

Tom Brady said in a recent article "...That's what ESPN has become. ESPN, to me, is like MTV without the videos, ESPN is without the highlights." Can anyone disagree with this. Right now on ESPN they have the best of Mike and Mike and guess what they are talking about spygate. On ESPN 2 NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad is on. Wow powerful stuff. If I wanted to listen or watch Mike and Mike I would have done so when it was on in the morning. Also I have lost complete interest about spygate, and pretty much the NFL anymore. Maybe its because NFL today or tonight or whatever the show is called is on all the time in the off season.

Remember the good ole days when everynight you had 30 mins of Baseball Tonight, NHL tonight, etc. and that was it. Now its all NFL it seems. I bet I know why, is it because they have Monday Night Football. ?? the always show basketball highlights over hockey highlights. Sure I understand basketball is more popular, but would it be the other way around if the NHL was on ESPN and basketball on Versus. ??? Oh even better if the NHL was on ESPN would it be bigger than the NBA.

Now came word that they are going to show live sportcenters starting August all morning. the best part is Hannah Storm is joining the crew. Super. They only have about 4 sportcenter people as it is anymore that are watchable and now they are going to make they are not on all morning. I do not mind Hannah Storm, but she is no John Anderson or John Buccigross.

Now on Mike and Mike is quite possibly my least favorite ESPNite, Steve Phillips. the man who single handedly destroyed the Mets with terrific personal moves. Now he is this expert, but Harold Reynolds hugs a co-worker and get fired.

No comments: